By now you all know I am pretty excited by the prospect of sewing skivvies. You may also know that I’ve been collecting free patterns on my pinterest board for some time, and documenting my attempts to make them as part of my Sew Free Project. Which leads us to…
Sew Free: Skivvy Edition
Because really, what’s better than free skivvy-sewing?
Free Patterns for Skivvies (or undies, pants, knickers or whatever you may want to call them)
- These free knickers from So, Zo are adorable! I wonder where she got those teeny buttons from… there’s also a cami to match! (below)
- I don’t know about you guys, but this lacy thong pattern from Melissa over at Fehr Trade is right up my alley. I love skivvies with stretch lace on the sides: they seem to lay much flatter under my clothes than those that just have elastic.
- This free hipster pattern is from makebra.com. (which also offers downloadable bra and underwear patterns for sale) It only prints to A4 paper, but looks like a very wearable, comfortable, basic pair of skivvies.
- Madalynne’s Amerson undies. If you missed it, check out my review here.
(From top to bottom)
- Cloth Habit’s Rosy Lady Shorts may be my favorite free pattern here. They’re made for stretch lace, which is one of my favorite materials for my undies.
- This cheeky panties pattern is available on BurdaStyle. They seem pretty easy to finish, and the wide band at the top looks like it’s made for comfort.
Things to wear to bed
- Cami pattern from So, Zo
- French knickers from Vera Venus. Check out Kristen’s gorgeous version here.
- Nightie from Burda Style
- Pajama top from Vera Venus. Again, Kristen made a lovely version here.
- Robe from Burda Style
- Romper from Burda Style
- Pajama shorts from the Sew Daily **
- Ruby Slip from Pattern Scissors Cloth. You can check out my version here.
- Pajama pants from the Sew Daily **
- How to draft a swimsuit from pattern school
- Swimsuits from the Sew Daily**
- Color-blocked bikini from The Strawberry Milk Run