2013 really is shaping up to be a wonderful year!
The lovely Grace who blogs over at handmade.homemade gave me the Liebster Award this week. How cool is that?
11 things about me:
- I love wearing red lipstick. It makes me feel fancy, no matter what I’m wearing.
- I have two cats, Dudley and Sunni. I hate their names, but they came with them, so we’re stuck. They are both very smart and cuddly and they even know how to sit and come!
- My favorite color is pink. All kinds of pink.
- I wish I had crazy curly hair.
- I grew up on the beach in New Jersey. No, the Jersey Shore is not really like the TV show.
- I hate wearing shoes. And slippers. Probably a product of fact #5…
- I’m a vegetarian. I’m also lactose intolerant, but I eat cheese anyway because it’s just so good!
- I’m exactly 5 feet and 3/4 of an inch tall.
- My favorite book is A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
- My favorite animal is a cow.
- I love to travel, and I’ve never said no to a trip! In 2011, I spent almost four months on a road trip around the USA. My boyfriend and I drove around 20,000 miles. We’ve been to every state together but Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Kansas, Michigan, and Rhode Island. It was the greatest thing I’ve ever done, and I’d do it again in a heartbeat.
1. What’s the best book you’ve read in the past few months? This is kind of sad, as I love to read, but I can’t think of a single book I’ve finished in the past few months. I’ve started lots. Before I started sewing regularly, I would come home and read. Now, I come home and sew. The most recent book I finished reading was The Colette Sewing Handbook. It’s a great resource, and I highly recommend it to new sewists. I have yet to tackle any of the patterns, but I hope to change that very soon!
2. Who is your favorite actor or actress?This is going to sound totally cliched, and it is: I love Audrey Hepburn. She’s so humble, beautiful, giving, and classy. I just love her old Hollywood glamour; so different from the trash that comes out Hollywood today.
The bloggers who inspire me that I would like to nominate for the Liebster Award:
- Mokosha at Mokosha
- Sally at The Quirky Peach
- Kristin at Sew Classic
- Mika at Savory Stitches
- Button Lover
- Kathy at Kathy Sews
- Janelle at Sew Hopeful
- Alice at The Pin and Thimble
- Sew Tiger Sew
- Hazel at Disaster in a Dress
- Kat at Modern Vintage Cupcakes
And here are my questions for you:
Now that you know more than you ever wanted to know about me:
Don’t forget to check out Grace’s beautiful blog! Grace, thank you so much for passing this award on to me!
AND go check out the blogs of all the lovely ladies I awarded!